Data Scientist at Amazon Corporate LLC
If you are a master at finding the signal in the noise and using it to deliver practical, scalable solutions, we are the team for you. Amazon is looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to help set the direction within our HR Data Science team.HR Data Science leverages established and novel data sources, quantitative and qualitative research, and machine learning techniques to deliver tools and insights that have a direct impact on Amazon’s workforce. Help us build a group on the forefront of using data science to transform how Amazon attracts, develops, and retains the world’s best employees.
Join us and be part of a team of talented scientists and analysts, passionate about people data, in a highly collaborative environment that is rich in learning and growth opportunities.
· Develop predictive models for important business- and people-centered outcomes
· Design experiments to identify casual factors
· Develop analysis plans and implement appropriate modeling techniques to answer complex business questions
· Interpret data and communicate complex findings to leaders in HR and across the business
· Write research papers for internal audiences
· 3 to 5 years of industry experience
· Master’s degree in Industrial – Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency in several techniques including but not limited to: Decision Trees, GLM, Clustering, Bayesian methods, SVM, linear/non-linear programming, Multi-level models, Random Forests, Choice Models, etc.
· Commitment to rigorous testing and validation to ensure findings are consistent, accurate, and generalizable
· Ability to transform data into a usable state using appropriate tools and techniques
· Comfortable mining unstructured data
· Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written
· A natural curiosity and desire to learn
· Unwavering attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
· PhD strongly preferred in Industrial – Organizational Psychology, Statistics, Behavioral Economics, Computer Science or related field
· Accounts for theoretical properties and assumptions of models when applying in practice
· Proficient in prototyping models using scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc.)
· Knowledge of relational databases (SQL) and data warehousing processes, e.g. ETL
· Self-starter who is accountable for deliverables, capable of managing projects, and defining own design
· Previous work experience in applying statistics to HR and business outcomes
Location: US, WA, Seattle
NOTE: Local candidates only. Face to face may be required. W2 candidates only.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Address: 410 Terry Ave. North
Phone: (206) 266-1000
Twitter IDs: @amazon